Historic Barlow Hall
13th century Barlow Hall provides the setting for possibly one of the most uniquely historic clubhouses in the country.
The birthplace and home of Edward Barlow, later known as Saint Ambrose Barlow, a famous local Catholic martyr, Barlow Hall is now home to Chorlton-cum-Hardy Golf Club. This beautiful building oozes character and charm and provides the ideal environment to relax after a round of golf.
The ground floor contains the Bar, Sun Lounge, Dining Room, Snooker Room and also the Gentlemen's Locker Room. The Ladies Locker Room is on the first floor.
The clubhouse has comprehensive facilities for golfers with a well stocked bar and excellent, reasonably priced catering facilities. The Dining Room will accommodate up to 80 guests.
A Short History
There has been a dwelling situated on the site of Barlow Hall for over 800 years. The earliest dwelling was probably timber-built and was possibly situated near to the river Mersey for protection, fortification and transport purposes. Roger, or Robert de Barlow, knight living during the reign of Saxon King Edward 1 (1272 - 1307) founded the eminent Catholic Barlow family and Barlow Hall continued to be the family home of the Barlow family for a further 500 years.